Thursday 26 November 2009

Suffer the little children... again...

I was infuriated and upset when I read the news of the child who went missing and was subsequently found murdered. This child stays at Kallang Bahru, a few blocks away from where I used to stay. If I had continued staying there, Lucas and him could have been friends and they would have played at the same playground.

I am furious why the child was reported missing only after 5 days he was taken. Didn't his family worry that he wasn't home on the 1st night, the 2nd, the 3rd? Why have a child only to abandon him to his own devices! And how could any one lay hands and harm a child! And when I see cases like that I really wish the very very worst death for such perverts... that they die a more horrible death and suffer worse pain and deeper fear than the children they had harmed.

At times like this, I seek to understand and make sense of the insanity. I borrowed my colleague's bible and prayed for strength and wisdom. I prayed for the young soul gone before his time and I prayed for forgiveness in my heart. And when I read the bible, I found this;

"So do not fear, for I am with you,
Do not be dismayed, for I am your God,
I will strenghten you and help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
...

Though you search for your enermies,
You will not find them.
Those who wage war against you will be as nothing at all
For I am the Lord, your God,
who takes hold of your right hand and says to you,
Do not fear, I will help you." ISAIAH 41:3

No comments: