Thursday 4 March 2010

Random...

I realised I haven't posted in a while. Perennnial problem of all Singaporeans; no time.

Lots of changes this year already. Lyra promoted from Infant Care to Childcare, Lucas had a change of Childcare and is now with Lyra, I'll be having a change of workplace and jobscope in April. It's going to be a busy year and I hope a meaningful and rewarding one.

Now, I want to capture a couple of correspondences I had with Lucas recently which taught me 2 lessons.

Episode 1
End of Lucas's 1st day at Childcare
San: Lucas, how was your 1st day? Did you make any new friends?
Lucas: Good... I made 1 very nice new friend. She is very nice.
San: Oh, why is she nice?
Lucas: Because she wants to marry me.
San:... ... Oh... I see, and you want to marry her? (Lucas nods) So what's her name?
Lucas:... eh... I cannot remember.

Next morning at the Childcare
Future Daughter-in-law: Lucas, Lucas... you here!
Lucas: (Holding girl's hand) Mommy, this is the girl I want to marry.
San: (to the giggling girl) Hello! Nice meeting you. (To Lucas) So what is her name?
Lucas: (to the girl) Eh, what's your name?
san: +_+"""

Lesson: A rose by any other name, smells as sweet. Love the person for the way he/she is... look at substance, not form.

Episode 2
At 11pm, catching tail end of 'Titanic'.
San: Lucas, why don't you go to bed? You look very sleepy.
Lucas: I don't want. I want to finish watching 'Titanic'.
San: I can tell you the ending. Go sleep lah.
Lucas: Cannot.
San: Why?
Lucas: I must watch then I can tell my children the story next time when they ask me...
San: +_+"""

Lesson: Start with end in mind and you can accomplish much.

No comments: